Some of you asking if this conversion can be done easily. So we decide to make a step by step installation on an home garage, like most of you doing this conversion by yourself on simple jack stands.
Few tools and parts are required in addition to this conversion kit.
- 2 rear E46 rotors ( see the compatible models here )
- 2 rear E46 calipers and pads ( see the compatible models here )
- 2 front E30 brake line ( longer hoses are required to reach the calipers )
- 1 E30 brake pads wear sensor ( if yours is still not good and if you still want this option )
- 2 E30 wheel bearings ( If you want to change them by the same way )
- Manual bearing press set
- Bearing separator
Needed parts & tools
Prior this conversion, few parts and tools are needed if you plan to do it by yourself. A listing of the parts and on what model they come from is shown on the conversion kit page. For the DIY tools, a manual bearing press is required for removing the old bearing ( if you change it ), you can source a kit locally or on the internet for under 80$. Plus for removing the hubs easily, a bearing separator really help for removing the hubs from the bearings.
Install rotors and calipers
Now time to install the new rotors, calipers, pads, hoses and brake pad sensors ( optional, if you keep it ). Bleed the calipers properly and you’re ready to install the wheels.
**The old lock nut type from the e30’s are not compatible with the hubs, you can change the nut type to the new generation for a centre locking type. But this require you to make a groove on the axles before installing them back on the car.